The Presbyterian Church in Rwanda-EPR is one of the faith-based organizations functioning in Rwanda, and for its proper management of financials, the EPR has established the department of finance and administration with main role of enforcing the financial staff to adhere to the EPR’s financial and administrative policies. The main functions of the Department include General Office Management; Asset Management; Transport Management; and Security and Safety Management, it provides logistical assistance to the entire organization. This department is the main custodian of all program activities monitoring and providing expense scenarios to the project heads and other departments. It has also core functions to run the office smoothly under the set policies and procedures. Here below are necessary responsibilities of the department:
– The Overall responsibility is the preparation of consolidated budgets at national level, utilization monitoring, and implementation of financial and administrative policies and procedures and production of financial statements.
– Ensure proper and timely accounting of all funds receipts and disbursements.
– Prepare cash requests for the donors and submit timely reports as required by donors.
– Preparation of annual budgets and review expenditure and budgets
– Ensure timely and accurate follow-up of financial information data to all relevant departments.
– Identify training & development needs of Finance and Admin staff and arrange required inputs.
– Close liaison and working with the audit team for undertaking an annual audit of all accounts.
– Ensure timely and accurate follow-up of financial information data to all relevant departments and Maintenance of fixed asset records
– Compliance with documentation and reporting requirements specified by EPR
In conclusion, EPR’s main goal is to strongly build equity financial management at all levels of the church including parishes, Presbyteries and central coordination within its projects and centres.